Jason Robertson Watch: Stars Forward’s Streak Ends at 18 Games
Dallas Stars forward Jason Robertson’s epic point streak finally came to an end at 18 games on Tuesday night.
Dallas Stars forward Jason Robertson did something incredible.
The 23-year-old recorded at least one point in 18 straight games. The streak dates back to an ugly 3-1 loss on Oct. 25 vs the Boston Bruins and finally came to an end on Tuesday against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Robertson broke the Dallas Stars record (18) after passing Dave Gagner (14). He finished just two games behind Brian Bellows for the franchise record (20).
Robertson's 23 goals overall lead the team and the NHL.
During the 18-game streak:
Robertson recorded 21 goals and 34 points.
He was named the NHL's First Star of the Week twice (Nov. 7 and Nov. 28) and was named the First Star of the Month in November.
Robertson scored a goal in all but three of the 18 games.
He recorded one hat trick (Dec. 1 vs Anaheim).
Only Mitch Marner recorded a longer streak so far this season (20).
Home Stats: 14 goals, 6 assists, 20 points in 10 games (2.0 points per game).
Road Stats: 7 goals, 6 assists, 13 points in 8 games (1.62 points per game).
Game by Game (Highlights Included)
- Oct. 27: One goal in Stars 2-0 win over the Washington Capitals (home).
- Oct. 29: One goal, one assist in Stars 6-3 loss to the New York Rangers (home).
- Nov. 1: One goal, two assists in Stars 5-2 win over the Los Angeles Kings (home).
- Nov. 3: Two goals in Stars 7-2 win over the Arizona Coyotes (road).
- Nov. 5: One goal, two assists in Stars 6-2 win over the Edmonton Oilers (road).
- Nov. 8: One goal in Stars 5-1 loss to the Winnipeg Jets (road).
- Nov. 11: Two assists in Stars 5-4 loss to the San Jose Sharks (home).
- Nov. 13: One goal, one assist in Stars 5-1 win over the Philadelphia Flyers (road).
- Nov. 15: One goal, one assist in Stars 5-4 overtime loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning (road).
- Nov. 17: One assist in Stars 6-4 win over the Florida Panthers (road).
- Nov. 19: One goal in Stars 5-2 win over the New York Islanders (home).
- Nov. 21: Two goals in Stars 3-2 overtime loss to the Colorado Avalanche (home).
- Nov. 23: Two goals in Stars 6-4 comeback win over the Chicago Blackhawks (home).
- Nov. 25: Two goals in Stars 5-4 overtime loss to the Winnipeg Jets (home).
- Nov. 26: One assist in Stars 4-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche (road).
- Nov. 28: One goal in Stars 4-1 win over the St. Louis Blues (road).
- Dec. 1: Three goals in Stars 5-0 win over the Anaheim Ducks (home).
- Dec. 4: One goal, one assist in 6-5 shootout loss to the Minnesota Wild (home).
- Dec. 6: No points in 4-0 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs (home).
The longest NHL point streak belongs to Wayne Gretzky, who went 51 games with at least a point in 1983-84.
Since 1993, Mats Sundin holds the longest streak (30).